Buffalo Wings Makeover
Chilled Oven-Roasted Chicken Breast
This is a staple recipe I prepare on the weekend to provide my weekday lunches with adequate protein. This is a perfect game-day Paleo snack that can be made the day before. Roasted chicken can be cut into 3 inch long strips served cold on skewers alongside a dish of whole kernel Dijon mustard. Feel free to cut the recipe in half if you’re cooking for 1-2 people.
- 2 pounds of organic, free range chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon each of sea salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425.
- To reduce the spread of bacteria in the kitchen, place the chicken in a zip-lock or clean produce bag. Using a meat mallet or rolling pin, pound the chicken breast at the thickest part – about three good pounds. Be careful not to over pound the chicken, the aim is to flatten until the breast is close to the same thickness throughout.
- Place the chicken in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Drizzle the oil on top and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and roast for 10 minutes. At 10 minutes, reduce the heat to 325 degrees and cook for another 25 minutes. Internal temperature should reach 165 degrees.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool on the dish. You can serve immediately with your favorite vegetable and/or salad or keep in an airtight container to have on hand throughout the week. Keeps 3-4 days in the fridge.